I'm still not fat, and yet I'm still working with my coach

>> 28 January 2009


Follow up #2 (original post and follow up #1 below for the complete story) 

Just before I hit my Wed 7:00pm appt with my fitness coach (yes, I miss dinner with my family for this)...going on 2.5 months of working with my fitness coach. Not even 90 days in to the habit...I'm still working on it, still determined to maintain this healthy discipline. I'm starting to see the physical results, though I have to happily admit i felt the energy results from the first week. I know that the discipline has changed me for the better already...I do also have to admit, it is still not a habit yet. I have noticed that if it weren't for the appointment, or if Bill or a friend decides not to go with me...I am more inclined to choose motivation over determination
I still need my coach. Does it cost me an arm and a leg? yep. So I make sacrifices in other areas, because this is an investment in my WHOLE BEING. HEALTH, EDUCATION, RELATIONSHIPS. Invest in those things. I don't feel like going tonight. I feel like writing more. I had a long and great day and would love to tell you all about it, AND I'm committed to blowing that steam off with my trainer...I'm determined and will keep the appointment and know in the end it will take me one step closer! What do you need to be determined to do? What coach do you need to hire? Who do you need to enlist in your support team, so that YOU WILL DO what it takes?


I'm not fat so I hired a Coach

>> 16 NOVEMBER 2008

I am not fat. I have never been fat. I come from skinny people and I am a skinny person, tall too. I am the kind of girl that women hate because I am thin. We all know the saying, "looks can be deceiving.I am not fat. I have never been fat. I come from skinny people and I am a skinny person, tall too. I am the kind of girl that women hate because I am thin. We all know the saying, "looks can be deceiving...."

But I am NOT healthy. I am in a high stress, high demand, emotionally taxing position as a coach. I work even when I am not working. I eat at my desk barely chewing between bites of whatever is easy and fast. My office is far from my home and I spend much time sitting in the car in the stressful traffic. When I get home, it is dinner with the family and then usually exhausted I head to bed early, merely from a lack of energy. Even after a full 8 hours of rest, I don't want to get up, because I'm "tired." When I do get out for fun I tire easily and have little stamina READ THE REST 

>> 28 NOVEMBER 2008

12 days ago, I hired a fitness coach and I've been consistent in meeting with him, and doing what he asks of me on my own. 

Today, the day after not one, but two, glutenous meals for thanksgiving, I woke up sore from my last lifting session two days ago and headed to the gym. Tuesday, I'd been very specific with him about some goals and the relatively short time line in which to achieve those (beach vacation on December 26th-- something about looking a bit firmer in a bikini). 

So the last two sessions have been completely different from the first two. The weights have been heavier, the reps longer and the rest in between shorter (and of course the soreness more intense). Tuesday my coach said, "You gave me a target and we are going to hit it." while I was practically killing myself under the weight of a barbell or something. Each set I was pushed to my limits, but I did not fail. I completed the work out...

0 comments: