That Darn 20% Again- Flush it Out

>> 02 October 2007

Today I heard in one breath: "Man, I'm used to a deal every month and this month nothing."

.....and in the next I heard, "I'm just not doing my 20%." Gee, I wonder if there is a direct correlation? (The answer is YES). For more info on 20% see the following link: http://blogs.briantracy.com/public/item/185067



So to give the guy a break, he's merely lost focus on WHAT that 20% actually is.

We have a session in our agent training that talks about revenue producing actions vs business supporting actions. 80% of your time should be spent doing the revenue producing actions. Revenue producing actions ARE YOUR 20%. Another way to say it is revenue producing actions are the "highest and best use of your time."



Take out 2 pieces of paper. On one, write "80 %" & "Supporting." On the other write "20%" & "Revenue Producing."

Now write down everything you do as a part of your work day on one of those two pieces of paper. Write down everything you need to do, or want to do, on one of those two pieces of paper. Actually, do you need a 3rd piece of paper labeled "Useless Activities that Wasted my Time."


Be sure you focus on and accomplish your 20% first. As Julie said last week, "I won't let my self out of the house until I have made all my calls and written my notes." As much as a MUST as brushing her teeth! It has become a habit that is changing her business.

Said agent from the conversation at the beginning of this post just walked by....after our meeting today, he went to go work on LEAD GENERATION-- the absolute most important 20% in this business....and I'll be darned if he doesn't have 2 new lot listings in his hand. All it took was some concentrated effort and persistence.

There is business out there...there are relationships to develop...there are people to call and ask if they know anyone looking to buy or sell right now....there are past clients to call on and check in. If you wait for the phone to ring, you may wait a long time. Go out and generate your next opportunity. Where is your next lead and what are you doing to flush it out?

flush out someone/something
to force a person or animal to stop hiding -
I am going to talk to everyone I know or meet until I flush out the next opportunity to help someone buy or sell a house.

flush out something
to cause something to become obvious - By making 10 phone calls to my database, I was able to flush out 2 potential leads.

0 comments: